Iam a FULL-TIME real estate agent, and have been selling real estate since the late 1970’s. I see my job as representing YOU, the home buyer, in your transaction – my job is to not only educate you on our market and to find the home that best meets your needs and budget, but also to negotiate on YOUR behalf and to protect YOUR interests.
“Growing up in New Orleans taught me to keep my eyes open to the beauty, sounds, tastes, and people that impact our lives daily. Now after 20 years in Florida, my life provides the magic and ever changing beauty of the power of nature. The water, skies and wildlife are an ever-changing canvas. Come and see for yourself! There is truly something here for everyone!”
My strength is my people skills. When you talk, I listen! I am committed to our community and families. For me, being a REALTOR® and working with families as they choose the home of their dreams, or part with the home they love, is both an honor and a pleasure.
My intention in business and day-to-day life is to create relationships based upon trust, and thereby creating rewarding experiences for all parties – the kind of relationships that continue to bring people back together time and again.
ABR-Accredited Buyer’s Representative is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation.
In a typical real estate transaction, the seller is represented by the listing agent. In new construction, the builder is represented by the agent that greets you at the door of the model home (the builder’s agent). It is the listing and builder’s agent’s job to negotiate the best deal for the seller or builder. As a buyer’s representative, I am a licensed real estate professional who represents YOU, the home buyer, in your transaction – my job is to negotiate on YOUR behalf and to protect YOUR interests.
- If you’ve formalized an agency relationship, typically by signing a buyer’s rep agreement, you can expect me to:
- Understand your specific needs and wants, and to locate appropriate properties;
- Assist you in determining how much you can afford (pre-approve your mortgage);
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf to get you the best deal possible on your real estate purchase;
- Represent and protect your interests exclusively throughout the transaction;
- Preview and/or accompany you in viewing properties;
- Research properties and areas, to identify any problems or issues that you should consider;
- Advise you in formulating your offer;
- Provide a list of qualified vendors (such as home inspectors, contractors, attorney’s, lenders, etc. for other related services that may be needed;
- Keep track of all the details throughout the entire transaction-to closing and beyond.
SRES – Senior Real Estate Specialist – I have earned the designation Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES®), and has expertise and training in handling the real estate needs of maturing Americans.
Knowing how to best serve home buyers, sellers and investors at all stages of life is another way I can add value to the real estate transaction. As we mature, we have different real estate goals and needs from those of younger consumers, and I have the training to identify and address those needs.
My training includes my ability to distinguish characteristics and trends related to the 50+ population; housing, finance, and retirement income, and counseling strategies to help my clients plan ahead for life transitions. My expertise includes:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of my 50+ clients
- How to recognize and protect my clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that target 50+ borrowers
SFR – Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource
I am an expert in knowing how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as in helping buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities. My training and experience provides a framework which enable me to:
- Direct distressed sellers to finance, tax, and legal professionals.
- Educate sellers on the options available to them when they are considering short selling their homes.
- Evaluate and qualify sellers for short sales.
- Develop a comprehensive short-sale package that will be favorably viewed by the seller’s lender.
- Protect buyers throughout the short sale transaction
32 years in the computer industry taught me the importance of providing complete and accurate information. I take the time to research such things as property values, local market conditions, and community rules and regulations. I never ‘generalize’ or provide quick, thoughtless answers to questions. I want my clients to have the confidence that the information I provide has been thorougly researched so they can make the best decisions possible.
I was raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin – in what Donna refers to as “Ozzie and Harriet Land”. I will be forever grateful for that, and it was that upbringing that taught me the importance of honesty and to treat people with respect and sensitivity towards their needs.
I am an expert in database research and I believe that gives me an edge in the real estate business since so much of it is built around the databases that are available through the MLS.
I have been married to Donna for over 25 wonderful years, and like her, made my home in New Orleans for slighly more than 2 decades after I left Milwaukee at the ripe old age of 20. Now a “native” Floridian since 1994, I can appreciate the beauty that this area offers, and having relocated here myself – understand the challenges and excitement that beginning a “new Florida life” offers.
When I’m not focused on real estate, I enjoy my family, auto racing, and professional football. I confess to being a die-hard “cheeze-head” having grown up watching Vince Lombardi coach the Packers, so please don’t hold that against me.
RSPS – Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist is the expertise of acquiring and managing vacation property on Florida’s beautiful Gulf Coast.
From vacation homes to investment properties, I specialize in buying, selling and managing properties for investment, development, retirement, or as second homes on Florida’s beautiful gulf coast. My training as a Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist provides me with the expertise to guide buyers and sellers through vacation home transactions, and to market these types of properties to the right audience.
The technology that I have developed enables my clients to accurately project income and expenses on vacation properties, and I have the relationships and experience of working with a team of excellent, responsible, property managers who care for and market these homes in their owner’s absence.
CDPE – Certified Distressed Property Expert is the expertise in short-sale and foreclosure transactions.
As a Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE) I have a thorough understanding of the complex issues involved in the buying and selling of foreclosure or short-sale properties. I have the experience to help homeowners avoid foreclosure through short sale, and I can guide homebuyer’s through the process of safely acquiring distressed real estate at bargain prices.
RESE – Real Estate Staging Expert is the expertise to best present your home to prospective buyers.
Did you know that a homebuyer will usually make a decision to purchase your home within the first 5-10 seconds of entering your home? Yes it’s true, the ‘buy’ decision (or more specifically the ‘not-buy’ decision) is made almost immediately. As a Real Estate Staging Expert, I know how what buyers are look for and how to best present your home to create a sale at the highest price.